Thursday, March 06, 2008

Wisdom from Bible Study

This evening's Bible study was a good time, both spiritually fulfilling and just fun. Kristen made a comment at one point that I feel like quoting here. This comment is a bit out of its original context (which is, at this point, irrelevant), but I think it has an even deeper meaning than how it was originally intended.

Everything that happens makes us forget what He said.

This is actually quite profound. If you think through our daily lives, we get very busy and preoccupied with things that worry us, concern us, frustrate us, even excite us, and just otherwise take our time and concentration. It is often easy to forget about the Bible and the words of Jesus. However, if we just remember His words, our everyday lives can be changed.

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. - Matthew 11:28 (NIV)

How true it is that "everything that happens makes us forget what He said."

On a side note, I also told my group tonight that "'sup," roughly translated from the original Hebrew, means "peace be with you." :-)

No comments: